Keep a Healthy Home
Your home is more than just where you store your things and lay your head—it’s where everyday life happens for you and your loved ones. And just like your family members, your house needs regular checkups to make sure all is well. Following our quarterly, monthly and seasonal maintenance guides will help prepare your home for the coming season.
Month-to-Month Home Maintenance
Make sure to check these on or around the first day of each month.
- Test, clean and dust, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Test GFCI/GFI receptacle, breaker and outlets
Quarterly Home Maintenance
Remember to tend to these things on or around the first day of January, April, July and October.
- Check range hood charcoal filter and replace or clean as necessary
- Check caulk seals between countertops and walls and on any laminated surfaces
- Check and adjust thresholds, door sweeps and weather-stripping on exterior doors to maintain air tightness
- Lubricate all moving parts and tighten nuts and bolts on garage doors and tracks; check garage door openers and sensors
- Check dryer vent exhaust for lint blockage and clean as needed
- Replace and clean heating, ventilation and air conditioning filters
- Check grout and caulking in tile and marble in wet areas (showers, sinks, etc.)