Home Builder's Guide to New Construction in California
New construction in California is a hot topic for those who love the SoCal lifestyle and dream of having their own home. To fill new home shoppers’ growing needs, busy California home builders are working hard to keep up with the demand. Are you currently renting and feel like you’re throwing your money away every month? Or are you curious to learn more about new construction in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Riverside? If so, keep reading.
Buying New Construction from a Home Builder
The California housing marketing is seeing rapid increases in rent, especially in Southern California. With both apartments and single-family homes in short supply, it's a common occurrence for renters to bid more than the listed price. Rather than staying in the renting rat race, there's another option. Smart shoppers are searching for "new construction California" instead of "rentals near me."
Whether you're buying or renting, many of the homes in the Southern California housing market are older. In most cases, that means smaller rooms, chopped up floor plans, very little closet space, and parking hassles. That's why many shoppers are checking out new construction homes because they come with features like open floor plans, large walk-in closets, and three-car garages.
And, if you’re relocating from another area, finding a planned community in your ideal location is a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Best Places to Begin Your New Home Search
One of the first things to do when you’re thinking about buying a home is the location. The LA area has some of the best places to live in California. But before you start shopping for new construction California, besides setting a budget, you’ll need to decide how close you want to be from:
- Your work - How important is a short commute? Is convenient public transportation essential? Would you be willing to have a higher mortgage for a shorter commute?
- The beach - Do you love to surf, play volleyball, or relax at the beach? If so, consider how close the best beaches in Southern California are.
- The airport - If you travel a lot for either business or personal, living close to the local airports like LAX or John Wayne could be crucial.
- Your family - Even if your family doesn’t live in the LA area, you can still live near an airport to make visiting easier.
- Your friends - If entertaining is on the top of your list, then make sure you live close to where your friends live and hang out.
Let’s move onto the three most promising areas to find new construction in California.
LA covers a vast area, so rather than discussing new construction in Los Angeles, we’re going to get a bit more focused. Let’s look at some centrally located newly built communities near LA:
- Sterling at West Hills - Near the 101 freeway, these 310 acres of open space offers 143 luxury single-family homes. These two-story homes are energy efficient and provide flexible floor plans.
- Homes for sale in Inglewood - Close to entertainment, sports stadiums, and major tech employers, this gated community offers comfortable living with dozens of smart home features. The location is commuter friendly with the metro nearby and convenient freeway access.
- Homes for sale in Long Beach - For families wanting the urban lifestyle, Long Beach is a prime location. Offering smart home features, close by shopping, and entertainment, this community provides the ideal SoCal lifestyle.
Let’s check out more new home construction in California.
The Inland Empire in Los Angeles County offers beautifully mild weather and a convenient location to LA. Riverside has several new home communities to check out.
- Cloverdale Estates in Eastvale is centrally located to LA and Orange counties with convenient public transportation. There are designs and floor plans to meet a variety of new homebuyer needs. Buyers find luxury homes built for entertaining to designs perfect for growing families, and even floor plans specifically for multi-generation families.
- Reflections at the Lakes in Menifee is a gated community offering plenty of space with playgrounds, sports fields, and parks as well as trails for jogging and biking. Home designs come in both single and two-story. If you’d love to be part of an active neighborhood community, you should check this out.
- New communities in French Valley are close to Temecula and Murrieta and this family-friendly area has top schools nearby and offers both single and two-story floor plans.
And finally, let’s discover beautiful Orange County and more new construction in California.
The OC offers ideal weather and proximity to attractions like Disneyland and beautiful beaches. New construction Los Angeles doesn’t get better than Orange County. If you’re looking for the SoCal lifestyle, make sure you check out:
- Homes for sale in Orange County – These communities are built by the nation's top California home builders and offer single-family homes with 2-5 bedrooms and locations close to quality schools and plenty of shopping.
Ready to learn more about the California housing market? Check out the beautiful new Pulte Homes in California and make your dreams come true.
Looking for more tips, ideas or inspiration? Return Home here.