What is Florida's Treasure Coast? A Traveler's Guide
With a mix of vintage Florida vibes and country club casual elegance, there’s a lot to love about Florida’s Treasure Coast. But, what is the Treasure Coast? Taking its name from the shipwrecks that dot the coastline, the Treasure Coast offers historical interest, arts and culture, and some of the most beautiful natural landscapes you’ll find anywhere. These are just some of the reasons why we love being one of the premier home builders in Treasure Coast. Read more to out what makes this part of Florida so special and why you should consider looking at the different new construction in the region.
The Best of Florida’s Treasure Coast
Featuring everything from archaeological expeditions to world-class dining and shopping, there’s a Treasure Coast enclave for every taste and every lifestyle. Find your piece of paradise in one of these Treasure Coast communities and the new homes in each region.
Port St. Lucie
Looking for world-class cuisine, spas, and more? You’ll find it all in beautiful Port St. Lucie. The area’s resorts offer luxurious amenities, gourmet dining and upscale shopping.
Your active lifestyle starts in Port St. Lucie, where you’ll find opportunities for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. Take advantage of some of Florida’s best waterways with a variety of boating, swimming, and fishing opportunities.
If you are a sports lover, Port St. Lucie is the town for you. Want to get out there and work on your golf game? The PGA Club at PGA Village is the setting for your next round. Love baseball? Here you’ll find the home of the minor-league St. Lucie Mets and the Spring Training site for the New York Mets.
Visit one of our new homes in Port St. Lucie and see why Pulte is one of the premier Treasure Coast home builders.
Located between the tiny coastal towns of Melbourne and West Palm Beach, Palm City is a desirable community with beautiful beaches, country clubs with tennis and golf -- including courses designed by the likes of Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicholas and Chi Chi Rodriguez -- and yacht clubs. Palm City is popular with families and features outstanding schools, parks, and recreational facilities.
With close proximity to charming Downtown Stuart and a variety of sophisticated eateries and shopping destinations, you’ll enjoy big-city convenience and small-town friendliness here. This is the ultimate destination for that laid-back lifestyle Florida is famous for, along with year-round, active, outdoor living. We also have a number of new homes for sale in Palm City which are all conveniently located near plenty of things to do in the region.
One of the Treasure Coast’s most beautiful and fashionable areas, Vero Beach offers a combination of sophistication and fun you’re sure to fall in love with. Here you’ll find a number of country clubs offering golf, swim and tennis, as well as oceanfront swim clubs. The charming downtown boasts designer boutiques and fine dining, along with cool beachfront dives perfect for whiling away an afternoon.
The arts and culture enjoy special importance in Vero Beach, and the area’s Riverside Theatre is a famous local landmark. Hosting plays and musicals straight from Broadway -- and featuring real Broadway stars -- you’ll find that you don’t have to travel to New York to enjoy incredible theatrical performances. Visit one of Pulte’s Vero Beach new construction homes and experience this great area.
Treasure Coast Beaches
Check out the world-class beaches located on the Treasure Coast, including the following:
- Vero Beach’s Jaycee Park offers more than eight acres of beachfront, greenspace, a gorgeous boardwalk, picnic area, and more. Be sure to check out breakfast at Seaside Grill, one of the most popular restaurants in the area.
- Golden Sands Beach Park in Vero Beach offers a traditional beach setting with lifeguards, dressing rooms, showers, and picnic areas. Here you’ll find Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge, a 20.5-mile stretch designed as the Western Hemisphere’s most significant preserved habitat and nesting grounds for the loggerhead sea turtle and North America’s most important green turtle nesting site.
- Frederick Douglass Park on Hutchinson Island features horseback riding on the beach, a dog-friendly beach, a full-length boardwalk, and more.
- Pepper Park features the wreck of the Urca de Lima just 200 yards offshore, making it a favorite spot for local divers. Here you’ll also find basketball, tennis, and a children’s playground.
- Peaceful and secluded Blind Creek is a clothing optional stretch of beach, featuring surf fishing and an emphasis on the natural environment, including unspoiled dunes and marshlands.
Florida’s Treasure Coast is one of the most beautiful and pristine areas of the state, offering everything you’re looking for from elegant resort-style living to easygoing outdoor spaces and a host of activities. If you’re looking for your own little piece of Florida at its finest, be sure to check out Pulte’s Treasure Coast new constructions.
Looking for more tips, ideas or inspiration? Return Home here.