Top 3 Reasons You Should Move to Atlanta
If you’re considering moving to a new city like Atlanta GA, you’re not alone. The peach state is a top relocation destination for many reasons from ample job opportunities to exciting family fun. No matter what your goals, now is a good time to check out new construction in Atlanta. Read on to find out our top 3 reasons for looking for a new home in Georgia.
1. Ample Jobs in Atlanta
According to United Van Lines annual movers study the top reason people are moving to Atlanta is because of jobs. In fact, in 2018 61.11% said their number one reason for moving to Georgia was for a good job.
The area hosts a lot of top employers, but the top 5 employers for Atlanta are:
1. Home Depot
2. United Parcel Service (UPS)
3. Coca-Cola Company
5. Fort Benning
Whether you have a job upon arrival or if you plan to do some hunting when you arrive, there are lots of choices. Depending upon where your new employment is located, you’ll want to check out the newly built homes and planned communities nearby. Beyond just living in Atlanta proper, cities like Decatur and Smyrna can offer you a fairly painless commute, while giving you the opportunities to enjoy good neighborhood living.
There’s a huge advantage to living close to where you work since Atlanta traffic can be a bear during rush hour. If you’re looking for a new home, try out your commute from each neighborhood you’re considering. It’s also a smart idea to check out public transit and ride-share.
2. Plentiful Atlanta Neighborhood Options
Ray Charles said it best with Georgia on My Mind when he sang about the welcoming people and beautiful scenery. In fact, that’s one of the big reasons people decide to retire in Atlanta. Besides that, you’ll enjoy the diversity that you’ll only find in a big city. Some of the neighborhoods and suburbs you’ll want to visit are:
- Alpharetta - the technology center of the south with over 700 tech companies, incredible shopping, entertainment, and dining.
- Canton - if you love the outdoors, visit beautiful Canton. Make sure you take a day and hike the trails of the Etowah River.
- Decatur - home of Emory University the leading research university in Georgia. Enjoy a picnic at Mason Mill Park, one of Atlanta’s best-kept secrets.
- Lilburn - whether you love to shop or hike, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Lilburn. Enjoy over 70 shops and restaurants at The Shoppes at Webb Gin, or spend a day hiking along the well-kept trails at Stone Mountain.
3. Lots of Activity Living in Atlanta
You’ll never be bored in Atlanta. In fact, your main problem will be which local event should you attend. The most famous museum is the Martin Luther King Center which has the largest source of Civil Rights materials in the US. Music more your style? No matter what type of music you like you’ll find it at the Chastain Park Amphitheater which has concerts from hip hop to heavy metal.
And, if you’re an outdoor lover at heart, you’ll fall in love with the 50 state parks Georgia has to offer for a weekend getaway to an all-out vacation.
Making the Move to Atlanta
Decided Atlanta is the next place to call home? The best way to get ready for a move is to be extremely organized. Whether you’re moving across town or across the country make sure you:
- Pack in a way that it’s easy to unpack. Label every box with the room it should go in. If you need to rent a storage unit at first, it’s smart to mark the box: Kitchen/Storage Unit, or Kitchen/S. That way it will be easy to know what to store and what to keep when you arrive at your destination.
- Bring what you love and leave the rest. One of the best things about moving is it’s the perfect opportunity to get rid of stuff you don't really care about. Consider that you’re starting fresh and that you don’t want to pack, load, and unload items that could be replaced easily.
- Give yourself time to settle in. Once you arrive in Atlanta, give yourself at least a few days to get acquainted with your neighborhood and the city. Along with meeting your new neighbors, you’ll want to find the closest grocery store, drug store, and gas station.
Moving to another location is fun and exciting. It’s the start of a fresh beginning and the hope of making new friends. Pulte Homes is proud to welcome you to the Atlanta area, and we invite you to visit our numerous new construction communities in Atlanta.
Contributed to Your Home blog by Carol Youmans
Looking for more tips, ideas or inspiration? Return Home here