The Sun-Lover's Guide to Maryland Beaches
Whether you are looking for a summertime getaway or thinking of living that ocean-view life all year-round, you’ll find more to love along the beautiful Maryland coastline. With quaint small towns, friendly people, great food, and beautiful scenery, the beaches in Maryland truly have it all. Find out where all of the best sunny spots can be found in this stretch of the mid-Atlantic region.
Beaches in Maryland
With more than 3,100 miles of shoreline, new homes in Maryland offer everything from wildlife to world-class resorts. Explore the number Maryland Beaches where you’ll find fun-filled boardwalks and quiet retreats where the emphasis is on relaxation and rejuvenation. Truly, there’s something for every member of the family along the Maryland shore.
Ocean City Beaches
If you are looking for the best in oceanside living without giving up any of the excitement and convenience of the city, you’ll love Ocean City, Maryland. One of the country’s most beloved resort areas, you’ll find ten miles of beach and outdoor activities including kayaking, canoeing, sport fishing, surfing, and, of course, swimming.
In addition, you’ll experience the excitement of a three-mile boardwalk, considered one of the country’s best. Take the family for a bike ride, hit the arcades, grab a snack at the food stands, and shop at one of the many stores. Take a photo of the view from the top of the ferris wheel or while riding the vintage 1902 carousel.
Think Ocean City is just for tourists? In fact, it has a large, happy, and laid-back population of year-round residents with highly rated schools and public services. It is included in lists of Best Places for Young Professionals as well as Best Places for Retirees and really is a great reason to consider new construction in Maryland Beaches — no matter who you are, you’ll love it here.
Maryland’s storied Eastern Shore is a peninsula extending between the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Here you’ll find picture-postcard historic towns, beaches, and recreational areas of all kinds. The living is laid-back and moves to the rhythms of the natural world.
One of the most unique and picturesque beaches you’ll find on the Atlantic side of the Eastern Shore is Assateague Island. This extraordinary stretch of uninhabited land features incredible wildlife, but none so wild as the hundreds of native wild horses you’ll find here. In the waters, you’ll see dolphins, sea turtles, and even whales. Camp along the oceanside for a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Located just miles from both Assateague and Ocean City you’ll find the charming town of Berlin, Maryland. This fabled town has provided the picture-perfect setting for a variety of films, including Runaway Bride and Tuck Everlasting. With 47 structures listed on the National Register of Historic Places, you’ll love the vintage vibe and architectural interest of the area. Stroll along Main Street and marvel at the beauty of this stunning spot or choose to make your new home in Berlin, MD and enjoy its glamor all the time.
Tips for Moving to a Beach Town
Have your heart set on moving to a beachside community? Here are some tips for making moving to a new city as seamless as possible.
- Remember that day-to-day living is different from vacation. You may love the isolation of a remote oceanside home for a week or two, but will you still love it when you have to spend hours driving to the store? A remote location is great for a getaway, but consider how connected you’ll want to be long-term.
- All beach towns are not created equal. Some have a focus on luxury and resort-style amenities. Some value their history and architecture. Still others keep the focus on nature and environmental impacts. Other towns are more about long, lingering, barefoot days. Do you love being involved in your neighborhood or local politics or are you looking to leave all of that behind? Visit some places to get a sense of the local vibe before deciding on a place to call your own.
- Consider your lifestyle and what you expect to do day-to-day. Are the kids still in school? Are you still planning to work in an office or work from home? While it’s easy to get caught up in the views and activities of beach life, figure out how you’ll function as a family when deciding where to settle down.
- Educate yourself on storm preparations, flood zones, and other home matters. The beauty of coastal living can be matched by the fury of coastal storms. When Mother Nature strikes, you don’t want to be trying to figure out how to operate your storm shutters or batten down the hatches. Learn how to care for your home while the sun is shining.
- Take it easy. Don’t go in expecting to hit the beach every day or chill out immediately. Give yourself time to get used to your new space and lifestyle. Find out what you enjoy a little at a time and ease into this big transition.
If you’re interested in new homes for sale along Maryland Beaches, look no further than a beautiful Pulte community. Designed for the way you live, you’ll love your Pulte beach home indoors and out.
Looking for more tips, ideas or inspiration? Return Home here.