FHA loans: Little down payments. Low interest rates.
Affordable down payments make FHA Loans a smart choice.
Although it’s known as a popular first-time home buyer program, FHA isn’t limited to first-time home buyers. An FHA loan can be an excellent choice for anyone buying a new home, including buyers who have used FHA mortgages in the past. Fixed and adjustable-rate programs are available, and there are no prepayment penalties.
- Smaller down payments with “flexible” sources of funds. FHA loans have a 3.5% down payment, and that money can come from a family member, employer or charitable organization as a gift. Other loan programs don't allow this.
- Easier to qualify. When FHA insures your mortgage, lenders may be more willing to give you loan terms that make it easier for you to qualify.
- Less-than-perfect credit. You don’t have to have a perfect credit score to get an FHA mortgage. In fact, even if you have had credit problems, such as a bankruptcy, it's easier for you to qualify for an FHA loan than a conventional loan.
- Costs less. FHA loans have competitive interest rates because the federal government insures the loans. Always compare an FHA loan with other loan types.
- Competitive rates and terms. Compared with other lower down payment programs, FHA interest rates are similar. In some cases, FHA loans offer lower overall monthly payments when considering the lower cost of monthly mortgage insurance versus private mortgage insurance.
- Non-occupying co-borrowers allowed. Family members can help you qualify for your loan, even if they won’t actually be living with you.
Contact a Pulte Homes Sales Associate at 888-817-2230 to learn more about the new FHA rules and how they can help you get the home of your dreams.
*This information is provided for general awareness only, and is not intended for the purpose of providing legal, accounting, financial, tax advice or consulting of any kind. Please consult with your lender for complete details on any lending program.